Sunday, February 24, 2008

Au Marché

This morning I decided to check out the Sèvres market, which takes place everyday of the week except Monday and Thursday. I didn't quite know what to expect, and thought it might be just a couple of outdoor stands selling fruit, vegetables, and cheese. I also wasn't entirely sure where it was located. After following a trail of men and women with their rolling carts loaded up with wares presumably purchased at the market, I found what I was looking for, and boy, was I in for a surprise. The market was fantastic...and big! It even had it's own enclosed area - a permanent spot reserved for the merchants and buyers who frequent Sèvres. There were multiple stands selling flowers, vegetables, cheese, fish, meat, bread, and a host of other products (can't wait to go back for some delicious-looking olives). I took a couple of spins around the place, admiring all that there was to see, hear, and smell. Many of the sellers gave me a nice "Bonjour, Mademoiselle!" as I passed. At first I thought they might have been fooled into thinking I was French, but I'm pretty sure I gave myself away by whipping out a camera and taking pictures of lettuce.

3 comments:

Cancemini4 said...

Your pictures are amazing--they look like they're right out of Barefoot in Paris!

Greg S said...

Hi, My name is Greg Sedbrook, partner, Patti Benson, Minneapolis- I teach classes on European Chocolate, and have lots of other resources on France- was in Paris 2 wks this fall. Away from home for 2 weeks, butr if you have any special interests, I can send info then. Have Fun- check out Fauchons
Hi $$'s tho. and Galleries Lafayette food court. Greg & Patti

Tanya said...

Thanks for the tips, Greg! Always good to have recommendations, especially when it comes to places to eat. Did you find this blog through Meetup? Then you must know my dear friend Elodie!