Friday, May 30, 2008

Déjà Vu All Over Again

Back in March I did a story about an unusually friendly piece of graffitti that showed up in my neighborhood. Someone had painted the words "I love you" (substituting a heart for "love") on the little statue of Auguste Rodin located in the park across from my apartment. I thought it was cute; not my normal reaction to defacement, but who could resist such a sweet message?

Well, after months of searching, I finally found the French language equivalent. Right across for the Hôtel de Ville in Paris, written on a not-so-attractive protective barrier, some rogue artist wrote the same very attractive message. It made me wonder: Is there a band of spray-paint weilding do-gooders roaming the streets of Paris? Is someone trying to spread love all over the city? Or are these two occurances comletely unrelated? They are probably unrelated, but the idea of spray-paint weilding do-gooders is more fun to imagine.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the image of the petty criminal with too much love for the world!

"I must deface property.... but feelings... so... strong... I Love You... there. See what you've made me do?"