Sunday, February 13, 2011

Au Revoir

Three years ago this month I started writing about life as an American graduate student in Paris.  It was primarily a way for me to share my experiences abroad with family, friends, and anyone who happened to stumble upon this blog, but it also gave me an opportunity to combine two of my favorite activities: writing and talking about French stuff.  Not to mention the blog's handy use as a travel time capsule - I still enjoy reading old posts from the spring and summer of 2008.


Since those glorious six months spent jetting around La Belle France, Parisian Spring and I have left Paris, lived in Brussels and New York City, and settled back into life in Washington, DC.  I recently accepted a job with the U.S. Foreign Service, and will likely be heading overseas again sometime this year.  Parisian Spring, however, will not be joining me.

I've decided that this blog has run its course.  It accomplished what I want it to accomplish - chronicling my time in Paris - and it even managed to last two and a half years longer than I thought it would.  It's time to move on to the next adventure, and whether or not it too will be blogged, it doesn't belong on Parisian Spring.

To everyone who read, commented, shared, critiqued, and enjoyed this blog, I thank you.  Mille fois. 

9 comments:

Cancemini4 said...

So bittersweet. Thank you so much for letting us travel the world through your eyes. I have no doubt your next endeavor will be even more successful--and maybe we'll even be reading about it ;)

Unknown said...

:(

Nisha said...

I wish you all the success in all your future endevours.

In case you decide to write, I hope you'll guide us to that blog.

All the best !

Anonymous said...

Looks like I'm coming back to say au revoir. It's been fun reading France through your eyes and I actually learn a lot, yes, even as a French.

I wish you the best of luck in your international career. Please let me know if you decide to blog again!

Mary Ann said...

Awww, I will miss your posts, but I wish you much success in your new job. You will always keep Paris in your heart, and I hope we can have another tweet up there someday! Keep in touch, my Minnesota friend.

Mary Ann
Enchanted Traveler

Greg said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Tanya. Best of luck in your new adventures, whereever the foreign service may take you. Who knows, you may get posted at the US Embassy in Paris!

Alice said...

Good luck to your new ventures! I hope it will be blogged=)

Melina said...

Wow, your last Parisian Spring post! I am so thrilled I got to be a part of it, not only witnessing your blogger side, but actually being able to call you a friend thanks to your time in Paris. Hope to catch up soon! bisous

Erin and Lou said...

Damn TB's, i feel like we just broke up! Remember not to be a stranger, I don't want any awkward post break up conversations! Let us know where you land!

- L&E