Thursday, August 12, 2010

Greensburg, Kansas

I was just in Kansas on a two-day work trip, specifically to visit the town of Greensburg, population 900.  While I was at a loss to find a French connection there, I thoroughly enjoyed the charm, warmth, and friendliness that one finds in rural America.  But maybe that's the connection: Some would argue that in both the United States and France it's the small towns and villages that have the most welcoming citizens.  In any case, this was one small town (with a compelling story) that I won't soon forget.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I am so glad you enjoyed our town! We are very proud of what we have accomplished :)
http://prairiedreamsphotography.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I kind of agree. To me, the "real" France is outside Paris and the major cities. I guess it's the same for the U.S.... Lovely pictures!