Friday, June 4, 2010

Minnesota Dreamin'

No summer could ever be complete for me without at least one visit to Minnesota.  I think my home state is beautiful year round (yes, even when it's -40 Fahrenheit in the middle of January), but it's definitely on its best behavior in the summer.  Lakes, trees, and brilliant blue skies are just the beginning.  There's also the powerful energy that gets created when 5 million people do everything they can to take advantage of the warmth while it lasts.  Minnesotans don't waste a single minute of summer. 

Given all that, and the fact that I dearly missed friends and family, I could hardly wait for my most recent trip home.  Memorial Day weekend in the Twin Cities turned out to be exactly what I needed.  Here's a short photo diary of four glorious days in the North Star State:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a lovely place! This is part of the America I want to see. Although I may visit in the summer rather then in the winter, winter is good to I'm sure but... ;-)

Ted Seay said...

Tanya: I just finished reading a fascinating glimpse into the life of a fellow Minnesotan of yours -- one Bronislau Nagurski:

http://tinyurl.com/2b2cxub

Worthwhile even if you know or care not at all for American football -- and if you do, essential.

Tanya said...

@Zhu, Oh, definitely visit in the summer. You live in Canada, so you can already imagine what our winters are like in Minnesota...

@Ted C, I'm a huge American football fan. Gotta support my Vikings!

victorian inn bed and breakfast said...

This is a very great place and an ideal destination to explore and reveal all the unseen discoveries of this great destination.

This place is best suited for all the travel and travel photography for its beautiful spots and charm and attractiveness.